The Supervisor, Analytics works in concert with the Associate Director, Analytics in developing and honing the agile business intelligence practice within the agency. This position resides within a highly collaborative and dynamic group responsible for all aspects of product development, data collection and analysis operations spanning several accounts across one region. As part of the Data Analytics group, the Supervisor, Analytics helps to measure the performance and effectiveness of online campaigns, illustrates clients’ return on investment, and provides insights into improving performance. The Supervisor, Analytics is expected to be an active participant on the business, consistently engaged and contributing ideas and insights that will benefit our clients.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Data Analysis and Execution:
* Partners with the digital planning team to create an appropriate measurement strategy for each campaign.
* Create and present KPI reporting and for specific clients.
* Utilize proprietary tools and third party ad serving technologies to report and analyze clients’ post analysis data.
* Observe, evaluate trends of digital campaigns and provides recommendations for optimizing.
* Manage the daily responsibilities of data entry, creative trafficking and analyzing data for multiple accounts.
* Ensure that quality and timeliness of measurement deliverables meet client expectations.
* Manage vendors on a project basis to implement measurement solutions.
* Develop, test, and evaluate new tools in one area of functional expertise.
* Aid in the creation of client media objectives and strategies.
* Write strategic and well thought out POVs.
* Work with Assistant Planner and/or Assistant Analyst to analyze tracking results.
Client & Internal Relationships:
* Manage team of junior analysts.
* Manage expectations of clients and deliverables.
* May manage day-to-day client interaction.
* Assist media and account teams in growing business opportunities within current clients.
* Keeps up with the latest trends in media.
* May be responsible for informing team/client of new opportunities or issues.
* Participate and lead, if appropriate, face to face client and vendor meetings.
* Build positive relationships with internal and external teams and set good example for assistant level.
* Participate in the hiring and recruitment process of future team employees.
* Participate and present in New Business efforts and presentations, where appropriate.
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
* Assess problems and concerns in a systematic, logical and rational manner.
* Proactively resolve issues, know when to and to whom to escalate.
* Provide guidance to team members nurture/promote team environment.
* Respond appropriately when presented with problems and issues.
* Assist in the training of junior team members.
* Seek lasting solutions rather than quick fixes.
* May be responsible for working with VP, Director to develop and oversee junior staff- manage time, assure projects are completed on time and adhered to (within) budget.
* May be responsible for constructing and delivering accurate, honest and timely performance management documents.
* Capable of managing multiple deliverables and ability to seamlessly transition among them.
* Assist in managing the hiring process of additional team members.
* Express oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications.
* Write in a clear, compelling and concise manner.
* Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially.
* Assist in the development of presentations, overviews, and tactical POVs.
* Develop client reports that are clear, compelling and persuasive.
* Ensure key information is provided to team regarding client issues, internal agency issues, changes in account status.
* Establish and maintain communications with clients, digital and offline media teams.
* Bachelor’s Degree.
* 3 – 4 years experience in analytics field(s); data analysis, database marketing, database development, QA, etc…
* Strong analytical background working in data management.
* Working knowledge with large relational data management systems (RDBMS).
* Developer experience is a plus (i.e. business logic development, user experience design, database development, test automation).
* Experience, or strong familiarity, with the agile development framework (i.e. scrum).
* Must be able to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities (Exposure to analytical course work, a plus).
* Hands on experience with third party tracking and reporting tools such as DoubleClick (DFA), Omniture and/or MediaVisor/Prisma.
* Experience using DoubleClick Dart and AtlasDMT adserving technologies and supporting analytical tools, techniques.
* Experience with online research tools such as Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance a plus.
* Advanced computer skills strongly desired (MS Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Experience working with Tableau , MS SQL Server Tools, SQL Server Data Mining, VBA, SAS, or SPSS a plus
* Possess a working understanding of web analytic measurement platforms such as Webtrends and Omniture
* Familiarity with additional analyses such as creative/multivariate testing, lifetime value analysis, brand equity research and media mix optimization.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives.
* Digital media and media planning experience a plus.
* Excellent presentation and report writing skills.